Light of Life Trust
It began with a small group of five concerned individuals who wanted to reach out to women and children—the most vulnerable section of the Indian rural society. The goal was to empower this section of society with sustainable and supportive programmes. With Villy Doctor as the founding member, The Light of Life Trust, a non-government organisation came into existence in 2002. The key steps were to educate, empower and equip, so as to lead to long-term change.
An empowered and educated rural community, that takes an active role in the development and progress of the nation.
- To educate underprivileged children and provide a nurturing environment for orphans and homeless children.
- To empower destitute women with life skills so they can break the poverty cycle.
- To help the aged live their life with dignity and respect
- To create a hospice for the terminally ill, a haven of comfort and tranquility.
Our Core Values:
- Serve with integrity
- Strive for excellence
- Transparency in all dealing and projects
- Passion and commitment to the cause
- Respect the people we work with, be it the team or rural people
- Build a system of trust with the rural communities
- Spread joy and happiness
- Anando Mission: Reinstating dropouts in school and equipping them with skills to lead productive lives
- Project Jagruti: A model community that works on various levels to promote synergy and interdependence between the units
- Project Aangan: A hospice for the terminally ill that will also explore alternate healing techniques. This project is still in the planning phase.